2014 Cornerstone Candidate Questionnaire (IdahoVoterGuide.org)
Do you Support or Oppose the following Statements?
1. Religious Freedom: Religious Freedom is expressly protected in the First Amendment of the U. S. Constitution. Idaho citizens should not be forced to choose between making a living and exercising their Constitutional rights.
2. Religious Liberty: Passing the strongest possible legal protection for religious liberties and rights of conscience from government coercion or intrusion.
3. Abortion: Human rights begin in the womb. Abortion should be illegal except in rare instances to save the life of the mother.
Support - The individual right to life, upon which all other rights are based, should be secured from conception.
4. Abortion: Requiring a physician to be present at all abortions, chemical or surgical.
Oppose - This is completely unnecessary, especially if abortion is recognized as murder, as it should be.
5. Marriage: Marriage in Idaho should be honored and protected as the union of one man and one woman.
Support - I am opposed to the state issuing marriage licenses; instead, I would support the recording of marriage certificates.
6. Marriage: Idaho’s legislature and its citizens voted overwhelmingly in 2006 defining marriage in our state Constitution. The U.S. Constitution permits us to do so.
7. Patient’s Rights: Protecting the right to life from conception until natural death. Giving patients’ wishes priority in care decisions.
8. Healthcare: Requiring the federally-mandated health insurance purchased by all individuals in Idaho comply with all Idaho state laws.
Oppose - The state exchange should be repealed and the federal mandate should be nullified by the legislature. Also, state laws regarding insurance should be repealed to allow for a free market exchange.
9. Home Education: Permitting students taught at home to be free from state required registration or testing.
Support - Students should not have to get permission from the government. Parents should be free from all government control over the education of their children.
10. Business Freedom: Preventing business owners from being coerced into operating in a manner that is offensive to their religious principles and practices.
11. Common Core: Idaho should reconsider its decision adopting the Common Core State Standards.
12. Tax Policy: Funding budget shortfalls is best accomplished by cutting government spending.
13. Immigration: Denial of amnesty for illegal immigrants.